Legal representation is not required to apply for Social Security disability benefits, but it is highly advisable. More than 66 percent of claims are denied, some with good cause and others because of applicant error. Having a North Carolina Social Security disability attorney assist you with the process greatly increases the likelihood of your claim being approved.
How can a Disability Attorney Benefit my Case?
Our firm’s primary focus is on helping disabled workers, children and survivors obtain the Social Security benefits to which they are entitled. The U.S. Social Security system affords many Americans the right to helpful cash benefits, but obtaining benefits is not always a simple process. Our Winston-Salem lawyers can help you through any stage of the application and appeals process and answer any questions you may have along the way. Below are some of the ways we can assist you.
- We can explain hard-to-decipher details about eligibility and requirements.
- We can help complete all the paperwork and forms and double-check for completeness and accuracy.
- We can explain how other benefits you receive may affect your disability benefits.
- We can caution you against the mistakes that often thwart claims.
- We can help gather the medical and financial records you need to prove your claim.
- We can help avoid delays and wrongful denials.
- We can help appeal the SSA’s decision if it denies your request for benefits.
What if I can’t afford a disability lawyer?
Many people forgo retaining a lawyer because they wrongly assume they cannot afford one. This is not the case at Patton Brown Law. Our firm works on a contingency basis. That means we do not request payment upfront; in fact, we will not request payment unless and until we help you obtain benefits.
In other words, we offer essentially risk-free legal representation for our clients. After our initial consultation, if you decide to enlist in our services, we will ask you to review and sign our Fee Agreement. The agreement details exactly what our fee will be if we win your case. In most cases, the fee is set at 25 percent of the past due benefits you are owed, never to exceed $6,000.
Because our disability attorneys know Social Security laws and processes inside and out, having us represent you can greatly increase your chances of winning your benefits. We encourage you to call our team at Patton Brown Law in Winston-Salem. Schedule a free consultation with one of our disability attorneys and let’s determine if we can be of service to you. Call us today at 855-860-2150 or contact us online.